The Leader’s Navigator™
I’m a widely sought-after speaker, author, and trusted leadership advisor. My work has helped build accountable, authentic organizations across North America, making me one of the most respected voices on leadership and organizational culture.
I have advanced degrees in human development, science, and social work. With more than 35 years of experience as a family therapist, workshop facilitator, lecturer, and adviser to executives, I’ve developed a unique personal and practical approach to inspiring leaders and transforming lives.
I’ve worked with people in the public, private, not-for-profit, family business, and entrepreneurial sectors across North America, including:
- CEOs and senior executives
- all levels of management
- frontline service providers
- law enforcement personnel
- healthcare professionals
Thousands of people attend my programs every year. I have taught courses at three universities and the Banff Centre. My presentations, workshops, retreats, and writing won’t just move you – they will get you moving.
Author, athlete, dog lover, outdoor enthusiast
I’m a bestselling author of seven books, with over 300,000 copies sold worldwide. The Other Everest: Navigating the Pathway to Authentic Leadership is my most recent and brings together the learnings, teachings, and wisdom gleaned over a lifetime of meaningful work.
The popular Caring Is Everything: Getting to the Heart of Humanity, Leadership and Life , deals with the importance of caring in all aspects of our lives.
As a former nationally ranked distance runner, I also maintain an active lifestyle of yoga, boxing, and hiking. I live with my wife in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in western Canada.
My approach: What is authentic leadership?
It’s important to understand that authenticity doesn’t mean perfection. Authentic leaders are self-aware enough to acknowledge their flaws and grow from them. Your ability to have an impact on others depends on your ability to be honest, real, and accountable. It’s that simple – and that difficult. Leadership is too important to be reduced to techniques, tools, or titles. Real leadership comes from the identity and integrity of the leader. It’s about who you are and how you live. It’s about presence, not position. You have to get to that authentic place within. You have to penetrate some of your inner darkness and face your blind spots. As you discover your way, you’ll uncover your why.
Accountability is an integral part of authenticity. The work of accountability isn’t just transactional; it’s interpersonal. It’s more than the identification and execution of KPIs. It’s about people and creating a space for honest, respectful conversations. Because when you have real engagement, you get sustained results.
As the Leader’s Navigator, I work to inspire and guide leaders (at all levels of organizations and from all walks of life) to their authentic, accountable selves, enabling them to increase their influence in the world. I’ll take you to look inward toward the hardest realities of your life and guide you to true, authentic leadership. In short, I’m a difference-maker to difference makers.
My expertise is in:
- Sustainable accountability
- Authentic leadership
- Organizational culture
- Embracing change
- Children’s mental health
My mission is to connect leaders to their authentic selves, which inspires and enables them to have a meaningful impact on their organizations, communities, and families. To guide leaders toward building authentic, accountable organizations through cultural alignment, leadership practices, and a stronger leadership presence.
- Caring is Everything. We succeed because we care.
- Authenticity. My life is my message. I live what I teach.
- Accountability. I’ll never make a promise I don’t intend to keep. I hold myself accountable to every principle and practice I teach to my clients.
- Exceed expectations. I always go the extra mile to create the most value for my clients. I don’t use a cookie-cutter approach but work with you to develop custom-made experiences.
- Make a difference. Every interaction with me should make a positive impact on the way someone thinks, feels, or acts.
- Empowerment through co-creation. It’s human to want to be part of creating something worthwhile with others. I’m here to support and make you stronger.
- A lifetime of learning. I believe in lifelong learning. I’m passionate about growth and development and am always seeking new ideas that help me and my clients be better.